I find one of the hardest things for people is the consistency especially when they have progressed well. When finally reaching your goal, it can seem easy to stray away from the practices that got you there in the first place, but it is also the easiest way to lose your path. We all know life gets difficult at times and dedication may be prioritized over, but rebounding can save you lots of time and effort.
I know that I have found myself reaching such fantastic goals, but then struggling to keep those results. The most important factor I have found to be important is keeping the number. The number of weekly lifts, the number of weekly runs, the reps, the time spent working out and the weights all make for the best all around routines. Keeping the same or similar number compared to what you were performing when reaching your goal and post reaching the goal can create a great way to keep yourself on track.
Remember that it is not a bad or wrong thing to take some time away from your routine at times for personal reasons. I, for sure, understand how life can get, and your mental health is just as important as your physical. When you are ready to get back into it, you will know when you are ready, but this can be tricky, so be sure to pay attention. IF YOU HAVE NO VALID EXCUSE YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH TO STOP WORKING TOWARDS YOUR GOAL, YOU SHOULD NOT BE STOPPING. It is only going to be effecting you, but let's be honest, who wants to cheat themselves. Hurts enough if it form someone else. Stay strong and keep it up with every lift, jog, routine, break, tear, smile, and laugh.
Check Out Women's Running to get more information on how to keep your results:)

So true - consistency is hard to maintain!
ReplyDeleteThere was a lot of nice insights in this post! I have been working on losing weight since the year began. I've lost over 40 pounds and feeling a lot better. It's so important to keep a positive mindset and develop a routine, otherwise the effort will often be wasted. Great post!
ReplyDeleteGreat post! Thanks for the motivation to keep the go get it mind set going!
ReplyDeleteWow, great post. It is crazy how much we are able to affect ourselves by controlling our mentality. I, among others, are guilty of achieving a goal and then quitting. Mine was to lose some weight. Long story short, I lost the weight, then didn't re asses my goals and put it back on.
ReplyDelete